132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
RN/LPN - No Weekends! T/W/Th Overnigh
$10,000 hiring bonus! As a nurse at Child Serve, you will join a team of caring professionals with a mission of providing needed services to children and young adults. At Child Serve, we know specialty healthcare and we know kids, which means our staff get to enjoy being kids themselves to help those we serve live a GREAT life. Our inpatient ratios average 1:7 with structured support from CNAs, CMAs, Respiratory Therapists, and other direct care staff.
We have a unique role that will provide professional nursing services to the children in our inpatient unit as well as residents in our medical home. The shift is a consistent Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 6pm - 6am shift. No weekends! Our nurses are expected to exercise professional judgment regarding the medical conditions, the health, and the safety of the children.
When You'll Work
- Tuesday 6p-6a (Long-term Care Unit)
- Wednesday 6p-6a (Pediatric Long-term Care Unit)
- Thursday 6p-6a (Medical Home, Beaverdale)
Child Serve offers a RN Residency program to support the transition to practice for nurses who have less than 12 months of nursing experience. If you are hired for a position on our rehabilitation, long term care units, or medical group home you will automatically be enrolled in the Nurse Residency. The residency is a combination of online lectures and discussions, a hands-on skills practice, and an evidence-based project all supported by monthly meetings with a Clinical Learning & Development Specialist.
What You'll Do
Within the nursing scope of practice, physician’s orders, and the child’s care plan, make decisions and deliver a full range of nursing care based on the fundamentals of the nursing process.
- Maintain accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by nursing standards of practice and ChildServe policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with children, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe staff, and others to assure assigned child’s care needs are assessed, communicated, and met.
- (RN) Provide oversight of the care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and paraprofessionals.
- Provide training to children, families, and staff as needed to help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with a child’s care delivery.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of ChildServe equipment, supplies, and environment.
- Assists the residents in becoming as independent as possible in personal cares, preparing meals, caring for the household, and other life skills areas.
- Interacts with coworkers based on mutual respect and trust and establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and ChildServe leadership.
- Complete other duties as assigned
What You'll Need
- Current valid license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in Iowa
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, be mobile within the assigned work area, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process
This role is full-time and eligible for health benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time-off, and a 403b retirement account. PTO starts accruing immediately!
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here’s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We’re not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we’re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We’re moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you’ve made a difference for kids and families? Let’s move Forward Together - apply today!
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities