132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Manager, Global Agriculture Methane
Manager, Global Agriculture Methane
Full Job Description
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture , values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
We'd like to request for individuals interested in this role to please submit a cover letter as well as 1-2 additional writing/work sample attachments with their applications - all provided application materials will be evaluated cumulatively when selecting our slates.
This position can be performed 100% remotely or on a hybrid arrangement out of any EDF office location in the Eastern or Central timezones of the US. Candidates based in Mountain or Western timezones who are willing and able to commit to ET business hours and attend recurring international calls may be considered with exception.
Approximately 10-15% travel expectation per year; primarily domestic, but potentially one annual international trip.
The People & Nature program’s fundamental purpose is centered on the EDF vision that people and nature can thrive together in a climate impacted world and that working lands and natural ecosystems can be an important part of the climate solution. Healthy land, freshwater and ocean ecosystems are more resilient to climate change, are part of the climate solution, and provide healthy abundant food, improved livelihoods and cultural well-being for all communities. Furthermore, we must work to ensure all people benefit more equitably as we implement climate solutions.
EDF’s Climate-Smart Agriculture initiative aims to put farmers at the center of climate adaptation and mitigation and embed principles of a just rural transition by focusing on solutions that work for farmers and are grounded in robust science and economics. We advance solutions through policy, finance, supply chain, and other levers for change. EDF's Climate-Smart Agriculture work is focused on four anchor geographies: China, India, EU and U.S. The tools that we apply differ in these regions, but we are a cohesive team of experts and professionals working across a matrixed organization to leverage the best solutions.
Methane is expected to cause nearly half of the projected temperature rise due to new greenhouse gas emissions over the next two decades. Agriculture is one of the largest sources of human-caused methane emissions globally (approximately 40%), and livestock alone accounts for approximately two-thirds of those emissions. EDF’s Climate-Smart Agriculture initiative aims to put farmers at the center of climate adaptation and mitigation and embed principles of a just rural transition by focusing on productivity and technological solutions that work for farmers.
The Manager, Global Agriculture Methane will work with a cross-cutting team of EDF scientists, policy, and technical experts to implement a strategy to address agriculture methane. This role will report to the Senior Director, Global Agriculture Methane and will own a significant amount program management—including work planning, facilitation, tracking and contracts— as well as implementation, such as communications and partnership building. This role will also be important in supporting the development of both program strategy and communications through policy research, review and position paper creation.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Senior Director, Global Agriculture Methane
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in agricultural policy, production and research sectors with the goal of fostering trust, gathering information, developing project ideas, and supporting partners toward advancing Climate-Smart Agriculture objectives.
- Manage projects including administering budgets, developing and implementing workplans, establishing metrics, tracking progress, negotiating project agreements and scopes of work, and communicating proactively about challenges or obstacles.
- Oversee consultants and coordinate with staff and partners to ensure aligned execution of work to achieve results and work closely with financial operations lead on budget matters.
- Conduct research and analysis of agricultural methane impacts and opportunities to advance objectives of the global ag methane strategy.
- Facilitate a work plan across a matrixed organizational structure in order to maximize impact.
- Communicate project goals and results to EDF staff, companies, policymakers, environmental groups, the media and the public through reports, interviews, presentations, and other methods.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Support EDF’s environmental justice goals to ensure communities engage in and support climate-smart agriculture solutions.
- Represent EDF in panels, work groups, conferences, and direct engagements.
- Be an active team player in the development of a vibrant and entrepreneurial program.
- Bachelor’s with at least six years relevant experience, or advanced degree with at least four years of direct experience.
- Knowledge of livestock management, dairy industry, agriculture, greenhouse gas mitigation, global and U.S. policy, and/or other relevant fields.
- Experience in project management and exceptional personal organization and attention to detail.
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of small teams in a dynamic and creative environment
- Strong analytical and writing skills to support thought leadership in the agriculture methane space and a focus on the most impactful solutions.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and apply new concepts to projects.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, well-organized, and able to plan and execute projects from conception to completion.
- Willingness and ability to engage in travel opportunities, including EDF retreats/events
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
The pay range for this role is shown below.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Minimum Salary: USD $83,000.00/Yr. Maximum Salary: USD $93,000.00/Yr. EEO Information:
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities