132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Vice President, People and Culture - Nonprofit, Los Angeles
Vice President, People and Culture - Nonprofit, Los Angeles
Full Job Description
National Health Foundation is a leading and progressive non-profit providing radical hospitality to individuals that are experiencing homelessness in the LA and Ventura County areas. Our approach is people first, in all aspects of the organization. From our guests who are staying in our programs, to community stakeholders looking to amplify their voices, to our team members working day in and out to make sure all the communities have the best opportunity to be as healthy as possible, we believe that everyone should have equal access to healthcare and an equal opportunity to be as health as possible. While our organization has created a mission, vision, and programs that are radical for the field, it is our staff that continue to move us forward.
In that spirit, National Health Foundation is looking for a motivated, experienced and inspiring VP of People and Culture. This position and individual will partner closely with our Leadership team to enhance and grow our organizations People and Culture department. You would be leading the People and Culture team of a Director of People and Culture and People and Culture Generalist that's responsible for recruiting, people operations, learning & development, and employee engagement functions. We are searching for someone as unique as NHF for good reason-our culture.
Unlike in some organizations, our VP of People and Culture isn't just about advocacy, risk management, engagement, and morale. Our culture is distinct-and it's crucial to our success. Our VP must truly buy into, preserve, cultivate, and embody that culture. You would craft or curate strategies that enhance the experience of and relationships between our team members, management, our culture, our guests, the community, and the org as a whole.
The salary for the position is $120k-$130k/year. Schedule is Monday - Friday and is an exempt salaried position. Position is in office Monday - Thursday, Friday is WFH.
Our VP of People and Culture will
- Provide guidance and leadership to the People and Culture department; assist with inquiries relating to employee relations, compensation, benefits, and various others concerns and issues.
- Define organizational long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support the organization through talent management and other initiatives.
- Define recruiting strategies, ensuring all strategies are equitable, and inclusive. From executive searches to entry level positions and employment branding, you would support the rapid growth of our team through hiring activity in a way that preserves core cultural norms and values.
- Create, implement, and provide direction to HR operations, including pay and benefits administration, vendor management, and the mechanics of on and off boarding.
- Establish and maintain compensation and performance management philosophies and strategies that align with our culture and financial structure.
- Maintain knowledge and advise on laws, regulations and best practices in employment law, Human Resources, Talent Management & Acquisition, benefits, and compensation.
- With the support of the Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Manager, continue to create and foster policies that are inclusive and equitable across the organization. Continue to foster an inclusive work environment that is welcoming to all
Our new VP of People and Culture would bring the following
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred, all in the field in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 7+ years of HR professional experience focused on strategy development, talent mangement, and/or Business Development. Preferably would be done in a Non-profit setting, but not required
- Demonstrated success and leadership in helping an organization scale up number employees to over 100.
- Certification as an SHRM-SCP or SPHR or equivalent certification is a plus, but demonstrated competency and currency in the HR profession is required
- Expertise in all HR functions, from culture to compliance; from recruiting to employee relations.
- A positive, resilient, and tenacious attitude with a propensity to preserve.
This wont be the right environment for those who:
- Aren't visionary, inspiring, and amazing leaders
- Don't know how to. be both appropriately assertive while being an extremely collaborative part of a leadership team.
- Lack the EQ and composure to effectively lead through a variety of challenging situations, seasons, and personalities that can be commonplace in a fast-growing company
- Does not believe in Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
What's In It For You
Be on a team that is full of collaborative, passionate, fun and energetic individuals that are focused on serving the needs of the community. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, 100 % covered medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee; 401(k) plan with up to 5% matching contribution.
Other work perks include a monthly engagement activity with everyone. You can take part in Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) events, having access to our JEDI library, and other resources to learn more about JEDI. Team engagement that includes staff awards, and enjoy direct access to everyone to share ideas and initiatives to continue to improve the employee experience. Feeling hungry during work hours? We got you covered with snack haven at any and all of our facilities!
What You’ll Get
A collaborative, passionate team environment focused on serving the needs of our clients with dignity and respect. NHF is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, 100 % covered medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee; and 401(k) plan with up to 5% matching contribution.
Who We Are
At NHF, we do meaningful, mission driven work to improve the health of individuals and under-resourced communities by taking action on the social determinants of health. Embracing the guiding philosophy that health begins where we live, learn, work and play, the organization’s work focuses on four key areas: housing, food access, built environments and education. NHF Recuperative Care is an integral part of the county’s comprehensive plan to end homelessness. In addition to offering a safe discharge option for hospitals, our recuperative care sites serve as alternative intake centers for the housing process, to link some of our most vulnerable neighbors to low-cost care and then to permanent housing and ongoing support.
National Health Foundation is committed to fostering a fair, diverse, inclusive, and equal work environment.
National Health Foundation believes justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) is essential to accomplishing our mission and maximizing our impact. Understanding historical and current manifestations of racism and oppression will enable us to most effectively take action on the social determinants of health. As one of our core values, JEDI will shape our governance, strategies, programs, operational activities and advocacy efforts. We recognize the work of JEDI is a journey and our commitment is unwavering.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 per year
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities