132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Healthcare Data Analyst
Healthcare Data Analyst
Full Job Description
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Healthcare Data Analyst!
This position can be home based.
This is a full time, benefits eligible, grant funded opportunity. Current funding will expire on 2/28/2025.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
\#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
The Healthcare Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Quality, Outcomes Research, and Analytics team through management of the activities related to the development of enhancements and maintenance of the Outpatient Quality Improvement Registry and related special initiatives for Target: BP, Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol, Target: Type 2 Diabetes, and IMPLEMENT-HF suite of Quality Improvement programs.
This position will also implement and support technical solutions for health systems, EHR vendors, interoperability vendors, and research partners. This position will also assist with the implementation of interoperable data solutions and clinical quality measures for the registry. In conjunction with the Sr. Product Development Manager, this position will serve as resident expert on these enhancements and their functionality.
- Data Management and Measurement: Oversee technological specification development for assigned programs. Identify necessary changes to the data platform, develop specifications or requirements, review vendor deliverables, and evaluate customer acceptance.
- Product Management Support: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support integration of the most up-to-date science within available technological tools and resources. Work with the organization’s volunteer committees to ensure appropriate integration of the Guideline-based data requirements into the technological specifications while also confirming that these updates are appropriate for the marketplace
- Product Integration/Expansion: Act as project lead for assigned registry projects and pilots. Participate on teams for application of technology overlap of clinical quality improvement projects.
- Project Management and Support: Coordinate and support custom programs and research or data analytics projects as assigned.
- Staff and Customer Support: Develop and deliver staff and customer webinars related to assigned projects. Provide insight and guidance on technology updates and enhancements. Provide ongoing QI staff support and training as program technology subject matter expert.
- Budget Management and Reporting: Establish and monitor assigned project budgets including vendor service level agreements and deliverables.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with business team partners in development of AHA strategic plans and Quality team business plans as it relates to program technology applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience
- Experience working in healthcare, outpatient quality improvement, or related field
- Experience in health technology product management
- Experience in management of large data sets, metric/reporting development and analytic applications
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate clinical information, evaluate data, present findings, and comprehend new information with exceptional analytic capacity
- Ability to effectively work with physician experts and scientific thought leaders
- Knowledge of voluntary health organizations and experience in group process with the ability to resolve conflicts and gain consensus through mediation and collaboration
- Ability to travel locally or overnight up to 10%
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate vendor contracts and manage vendor deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships with external partners and allied organizations
- Experience in product lifecycle management, particularly with product maintenance and new product development
- Must have excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 12 hours ago (3/20/2023 6:01 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-10292
Job Category Health Strategies
Position Type Full Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities