132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Accounts Payable Representative (LVL 5)
Accounts Payable Representative (LVL 5)
Controllers Office, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Accounts Payable Representative processes daily payments to vendors by reviewing all payment requests and purchase orders submitted by the Fordham community through various portals
- Processes daily payments to vendors by reviewing all payment requests and purchase orders submitted by the Fordham community through various portals (Finbuy, Finpay, FinTrex, Check Request).
- Performs data entry of daily entries including and not limited to:
- Vendor Coding
- Daily correspondence
- Request for stop payments
- Assists other accounts payable staff in performing duties as needed or as directed by supervisors.
- Communicates with departments and vendors regarding payment issues or queries.
- Special projects as needed
- Provides customer service through the Finance Department call tree (Finesse and Jabber)
- At year end closing, based on information provided by Accounting Services, reviews check requests over a specific dollar range to determine correct fiscal year and inform staff of any changes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and/or basic accounting skills.
- Working knowledge of applicationsdesktop software including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to understand and learn account structures so as to be able to review account codes and key data.
- Must be well organized and able to work well in a multi-task, detail oriented environment.
- Must be self-motivated, highly detail oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Mandatory Competency Testing.
- Demonstrated Writing Ability.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Some college or an associate degree.
Minimum Biweekly Salary for All Others: $1991.32
Maximum Biweekly Salary for All Others: $1991.32
Union Affiliation: Local 153
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/4819
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities