132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Mental Health Clinician
Mental Health Clinician
Reports to: Sr. Program Manager
Status: Full-time/ Exempt
Location: Oakland, CA
Pay: $75,000-$80,000.00/Year, and ***$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS. 50% RECEIVED UPON HIRE, 50% AFTER 6 MONTHS PROBATION. WITH ALSO THE POSSIBILITY OF A $500 PERFORMANCE BONUS/MONTH.***
OUR MISSION & VISION
The Brighter Beginnings mission to “support healthy births and successful development of children by partnering with parents and helping to build strong communities“, gains its strength and aspiration from our core belief and vision that, "Every family matters, and every child deserves a happy, healthy future.”
Brighter Beginnings is a 501c3 nonprofit organization and has been responding to the needs of families in resource-poor neighborhoods since 1984 when our work began in response to the alarming differences in mortality and illness rates among African American babies compared to other children.
Brighter Beginnings has grown into a respected and well-connected organization with locations in Oakland, Richmond, Bay Point, and Antioch. We have a multi-cultural, bi-lingual staff of passionate and committed family-service professionals; in fact, many of our staff came to this work because of the challenges they faced in their own families.
The Mental Health Clinician provides counseling services for children, adolescents and adults at a client’s home and/or office. The Mental Health Clinician performs client and/or community focused resource coordination activities to ensure clients and/or community members receive comprehensive care. This position requires a person with knowledge of parenting, infant and child development, adolescent growth and development, and ability to communicate effectively with families. The Mental Health Clinician must also have background and knowledge of trauma and the effect it has on child development. The Mental Health Clinician must possess training and group facilitation skills, knowledge of related community resources, knowledge of interventions, and the ability to collaborate with other community organizations and agencies. Complete comprehensive assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and other documentation. This position is exempt which means receiving an agreed upon salary that takes into account that it may sometimes require working long hours and are not entitled to overtime compensation.
- Required: Registered Intern or equivalent with Master's degree (MA or MS) or equivalent required in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related field (MFT, LMFT, MSW, LCSW, LPCC).
- Required: A reliable vehicle, valid driver license, auto insurance, and clean driving record. The position requires driving your own vehicle to meet clients in their homes and the community.
- **Bi-lingual in Spanish is highly preferred!
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate and complete charts, client records, required data forms and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to perform additional duties such as facilitating client support groups, individual or group counseling, health education, child development activities and/or training.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the agency in a professional manner with collaborative groups.
- Preferred 1-2 years of related experience and/or training providing services as a clinician, therapist, social worker, or case manager.
- This position requires working a flexible work schedule, this includes occasionally working evenings and weekends.
- Perform mental health, substance abuse and other risk assessments in accordance with program standards.
- Develop counseling interventions in coordination with the client and/or their family.
- Provide individual, infant/parent, family and group counseling.
- Identify community resources, provide linkages to services, and coordinate services for clients.
- Make referrals to appropriate services and follow up on referrals of targeted clients through phone calls, letters, and home visits; encourage and assist them in seeking appropriate care.
- Complete comprehensive assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Complete written documentation to program standards.
- Meet billing requirements as set by the agency.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision as required.
- Attend trainings to expand knowledge of current intervention options.
- Provide leadership and advocacy to promote the goals of Brighter Beginnings by developing liaisons with other community service providers that promote comprehensive systems of care for children, adolescents and families.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
SPECIAL ADA REQUIREMENTS
- Brighter Beginnings is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/clinic work environment, with typical office noise and other disruption.
- Limited physical effort is required.
- Both standing and sitting are required, with half of the job time spent sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to medical equipment, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- Required to drive to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Competitive wages, friendly environment, two weeks of vacation (increase after 1 year of employment), 13 paid holidays; sick leave; employer-paid health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; optional employee-paid dependent health coverage available, 403b retirement account with matching, FSA, Transit Benefit and EAP. Employees working full-time will receive these benefits. Supervision for BBS Associate License, coaching and mentorship.
If you’re interested in this position, please visit our website https://www.brighter-beginnings.org/get-involved/careers/ or apply on indeed. Please make sure to subject the email with the position title that you are applying for.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakland, CA 94601: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Master's (Preferred)
- Child & family counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish fluently? (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities