132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a Research Assistant for the Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured, which provides information and analysis on state and federal policy debates affecting health care coverage and access for low-income people.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing and formatting fact sheets, policy briefs, presentations and other documents related to Medicaid eligibility, enrollment and the ACA Medicaid expansion.
- Create figures, tables, charts and other data visualizations to effectively communicate key findings.
- Provide research support, including conducting literature reviews, background research, and tracking policy activities.
- Keep abreast of new policy developments and research pertaining to Medicaid policy.
- Assist with communications strategies to disseminate work, including through social media and other media outlets.
- Provide administrative support.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree required, with a preference for a degree in health policy or related field.
- Demonstrated interest in health policy, Medicaid, and/or the challenges facing people with low-incomes.
- Proven ability to think critically and learn quickly.
- Inquisitive, creative, productive, detail-oriented, positive-minded, and results oriented.
- Ability to work independently on concurrent projects, balance multiple priorities, and adhere to deadlines.
- Experience creating data visualizations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s Washington, DC office, located downtown near Metro Center. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 2 days a week, with a longer-term hybrid policy of 3 days a week.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
The annual salary range for the Research Assistant / Associate position is between $65,000 and $75,000. Offers are based on the candidate's years of experience and KFF’s practice of upholding salary equity. KFF also offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, and you have the requisite experience and qualifications, please apply.
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender-identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities