132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Temporary/Part-Time Accounting Assistant
Initially founded as the Lanai Women’s Center in 2002 by public health nurse and Native Hawaiian Jackie Woosley and educator Phyllis McOmber, Lānai Community Health Center was established as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in 2004 and then as a Federally Qualified Health Center in 2007. LCHC provides health services in a culturally sensitive approach in accordance with the LCHC motto: E Ola N Lāna’i – Life, Health and Well-Being for Lāna‘i. The caring, dedicated staff believe that “the community is our patient,” and strive to provide the highest quality care for all ages while building a true partnership with everyone on the island. LCHC achieves this with a focus on physical, mental, emotional, intellectual and spiritual welfare and by enriching and empowering lives to help build healthy families in a supportive environment.
JOB OVERVIEW: Facilitates the successful operation of the Lānaʻi Community Health Center
and carries out accounting/finance activities efficiently in accordance with health center
policies and procedures. This position maintains good relationships with all vendors and
patients; also provides general administration support, including but not limited to grant and
project management assistance, IT, and facilities support.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements.
Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A degree in Accounting or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a
satisfactory manner, at a minimum. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to implement and utilize standards of ethics, morals and trust with all members
Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and fairly
- Ability to work with all departments and personnel levels
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when circumstances necessitate
- Willingness to accept the philosophy, purpose, and ideals of the organization
- Ability to use a wide range of office machines including personal computers
- Must have a high degree of professional integrity and maintain strict confidentiality
- Person of mature character, sound judgment, trustworthy, and a caring nature
- Person knowledgeable and understanding of the diverse cultural appropriateness of the
- Person with the desire to serve the community
- Person who is able to communicate clearly and tactfully with others, prepare written
- Person with good interpersonal skills, able to accept criticism and desires personal
- Person, who is flexible, pleasant, kind, takes initiative, etc.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities