Associate Project Manager, GEM Employer Services
Full Job Description
Southeast Michigan Community Alliance (SEMCA) is recruiting talented professionals who want to contribute and make a difference in our southeast Michigan community!! SEMCA is a Michigan Works! Agency providing workforce development programs to residents in Wayne and Monroe counties, excluding the city of Detroit. SEMCA offers a competitive package to full-time employees who are eligible for benefits on the first day of hire including 12 annual holidays, 30 days accrued paid time off per year, and 6% employer match to 403(b) retirement plan! SEMCA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and employees with student loan debt are eligible to apply for public service loan forgiveness (PSLF). SEMCA also promotes work life balance by providing full-time administrative staff a hybrid work schedule. Employees are permitted to work remotely three days per week and only required to perform duties in the Taylor administrative office two days a week.
Important:A complete and submitted job application is required for consideration of employment.
Annual Wage Rate: $60,000-67,000
Under the general direction of the Project Manager, GEM Employer Services, the Associate Project Manager, GEM Employer Services, supports all business-facing employer services under the Global Epicenter for Mobility (GEM) Talent Transformation project. Supports the 11-county regional GEM project and strategy providing innovative talent solutions in the Mobility sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the strategy and work plan for the initiative
- Develops relationships with key mobility sector employers, including human resources executives and CEOs
- Supports regular outreach and clear communications to mobility network employers, other workforce partners, and the network of sub-recipients utilizing multiple strategies as set forth by the department
- Completes data entry and maintenance of Client Relationship Manager (CRM) systems for employer contacts and other key stakeholders
- Compiles and develops reports
- Participates in program planning as requested
- Supports the identification and engagement of employers throughout Michigan who could benefit from such an initiative
- Support marketing and communications efforts related to the employer service awareness efforts (e.g., social media strategies, traditional media strategies, participation in career fairs, etc.)
- Support and collect data for key project milestones, deliverables, and performance metrics
- Maintains the calendar, meeting materials and resources for the employer facing network of service providers
- Supports the development and issuance of Requests for Proposals & contracts for service providers and vendors required to support the employer facing deliverables and maintains all required support documents and processes.
- Supports the Employer facing team with research and prep materials for employer facing meetings.
- Provides technical assistance to the employer facing service provider network
- Other tasks as assigned
All SEMCA team members are expected to be technically competent and committed to continuous development of their skills. The following skills, knowledge and education or certifications are specifically required for this position:
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong customer service aptitude
- Understanding of the mobility industry and a clear desire to establish expertise in this area
- Understanding of regional talent ecosystems, including community colleges, workforce development, community-based organizations, K-12, and higher education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to collect, monitor, and analyze data
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task responsibilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated experience working with teams in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work both independently and with a high degree of dependability and quality
- Evidence of creative thinking, supporting problem resolution, and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Strong desire to learn and innovate
- Two years' experience in workforce development and community/employer outreach activities
- Salesforce CRM
- Experience in community engagement, including working in a collaborative community environment, representing SEMCA in various community activities
- Ability to execute projects independently
- Knowledge of the SEMCA regional business community
- Portfolio or presentation of experiences
Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a normal office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer, vision to read printed materials on an LCD screen and smartphone, hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person and over the telephone. These requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individual requiring and requesting and/or needing additional accommodations.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*