Philanthropic Services Associate, Development
Full Job Description
The Amalgamated Foundation is excited to be hiring a Philanthropic Services Associate, Development to join its team.
This role will join a team led by our Philanthropic Services Manager and is critical to the daily operations, risk and reputation of the Foundation.
The Philanthropic Services Associate, Development provides operational and client services support across all transactional activities of the Foundation, including grant proposal and reporting, contribution management, and fund administration. The Associate manages client inquiries and serves as a vital point of communication with donors, funders, and fund managers.
This position is based remotely and requires a highly organized and self-disciplined individual who is able to effectively work with agility and focus within a fast paced, startup environment.
The Amalgamated Foundation is a platform for progressive, social change philanthropy that manages more than 150 donor-advised funds and collaborative funds. In 2020, the Foundation gave more than $60 million to organizations on the frontlines of social change, including $30 million to BIPoC-led organizations. Committed to innovation, the Foundation is uniquely nimble and efficient in forging connections between individual donors, institutional funders, and grantees.
The Foundation’s leadership initiatives include the Hate is Not Charitable Campaign that inspires dialogue and action about de-funding hate groups; the Democracy Reinvestment Fund that focuses on corporate support for the protection of voting rights; and the Disaster Recovery Hub that promotes a model of community-led disaster relief funding.
Client Service Support
- Respond to client service inquiries related to grants, contracts, and fund administration
- Pro-actively contact clients to resolve issues related to grants, contracts, and fund administration
Grant Proposals + Reports
- Track and support grant proposal process working with fund managers and donors
- Track and support grant reporting process working with fund managers and donors
- Complete general requests for information related to grant proposals, including preparing forms for signature and managing documentation and payment requests.
- Continually improve processes and develop automated tools to improve the grant proposal and reporting functions at ACF
Incoming Grants + Contributions
- Receive and book pledges based on grant agreements
- Maintain shared contribution pipeline spreadsheets with fund managers
- Provide back-up support to the PSA - Fund Administration on daily contributions
- Support administrative requests for data, form requests and administrative audit work
- Create and track restricted purpose grant agreements and memos of intent
- Administrative management of contracts recommended by fund managers and donor advisors
- Tracking of invoices, reports, and payments
New Fund Enrollment + Initiation
- Conduct administrative follow-up to obtain completed and submitted new fund enrollment forms, including follow-up for forms with incomplete information.
- Enter completed enrollment form information into the Foundation’s database
- Generate and send Fund Summary and Orientation documents to all new clients
- Provide guidance to new clients on DonorView (client database portal), as needed
- 3+ years of general office experience
- Ability to navigate and manage systems and processes independently, efficiently, and effectively
- Strong communication (listening, verbal, written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong client service skills: responsive, solutions-oriented, good judgement, and sensitivity with what needs escalation
- Bachelor’s degree or equal experience in sector
- Grant writing and management experience
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary budget for this position is between $65,000 and $75,000 and will be commensurate to experience. This position will be remotely based with domestic travel, as needed, including our annual retreat. Generous benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401k match, PTO and leave policies and remote work stipend.
The work of our team is centered on the core values of Amalgamated Foundation: Collaboration, Accountability, People First and Impact. We share a commitment to curiosity, growth and respect and are a lean team of doers and problem solvers. We are proud of our work in supporting the collective effort to make the world a more equitable and kinder place.
Amalgamated Charitable Foundation values a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
We welcome and encourage individuals to apply even if they feel they do not have ANY of the preferred qualiﬁcations.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*