Full Job Description
The mission of Soroptimist House of Hope, Inc. (SHOH) is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for women to receive individualized treatment and support to learn the life skills necessary to recover from substance use disorders and become life-long productive members of society.
SHOH is a nonprofit organization founded in 1981 to provide residential substance use disorders recovery services to low-income, chemically dependent women in need of housing and support to achieve sobriety and self-sufficiency. SHOH operates a 6-bed Treatment Center facility in Desert Hot Springs, Calif. where clients participate in a 45 to 90 day evidence-based recovery program that includes housing, 12-step meetings, individual and group counseling, access to medical services, and life skills and planning workshops. In program year 2022-2023 (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023), SHOH anticipates serving 40 clients to help them achieve recovery and lead happy, healthy, and productive lives. SHOH is governed by an eight-member Board of Directors, employs seven full- and part-time employees, and utilizes four independent contractors.
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Director, the part-time Substance Abuse Counselor I is a member of the clinical team at SHOH. The Substance Abuse Counselor I provides drug and alcohol counseling to adult female clients in a residential setting at our Desert Hot Springs Treatment Center. Counselors interact with clients on a day-to-day basis providing individual and group counseling, as well as engaging in rehabilitation activities. The Substance Abuse Counselor I provides clients with orientation, training, and substance abuse recovery skills necessary to enhance their ability to recover from addiction. The Substance Use Disorder Counselor I may be assigned additional counseling duties.
· Provide clients with orientation to the treatment program and the concept of sobriety.
· Develop and implement treatment plans from the SUD Adult Screening Tool
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan for each assigned client and evaluate the progress of the individual clients according to the treatment plan.
- Provide counseling and recovery services, information and education, vocational training, and relapse prevention.
- Complete data entry and client documentation.
- Assist other staff in dealing with problematic client behavior.
- Document, review, and chart client progress and complete all required paperwork.
- Prepare treatment and discharge plans and discharge summaries.
- Designate new target goals for clients consistent with overall treatment goals.
- Assure clients are informed of inappropriate behavior.
- Initiate appropriate and timely interventions.
- Provide input to develop and improve program services and delivery.
- Comply with all Riverside University Health System and SHOH rules, policies, and procedures including HIPAA standards.
- Certification for substance abuse treatment through an accredited organization such as the California Consortium of Addiction and Programs and Professionals.
- Certification in Living in Balance recovery management protocol or the ability to complete training and secure certification prior to first day of employment.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience providing direct, indirect, or support services in a substance use disorders treatment setting.
- Valid California drivers license and clean DMV record (3+ years) to be insured and cleared for providing client transportation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Records (EHS) software.
- Ability to problem solve and react appropriately to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with the SHOH team.
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified with proof of current certification.
- Criminal background clearance required.
- Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober, and abstinent from any mind- or mood-altering substances to be considered for employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Addiction Medicine
- 4 hour shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- SUD Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*