Full Job Description
Position: Communications Associate
Reports To: Communications Director
Location: Flexible. Ability to work Eastern Time Zone typical business hours required.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a global nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change through policy advocacy, thought leadership, and private sector engagement. With more than 25 years of internationally recognized expertise on climate policy and a fierce commitment to exploring all potential solutions, CATF is an environmental advocacy group with the bold ideas needed today to solve the climate crisis. CATF has offices in Boston, Washington D.C., and Brussels, with staff working virtually around the world.
We seek a highly organized and dynamic Communications Associate to provide project coordination, administrative, and writing and editing support across our global communications team, improving processes and managing shared resources to help the team operate efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, global, remote environment and excel at problem-solving, writing and editing, critical thinking, and coordinating across teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entry-level or early career professional to build skills across a wide range of communications functions at one of the world's most impactful organizations working to address climate change.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure communications team projects and deliverables are tracked and coordinated across geographies and work streams.
- Lead development and maintenance of communications team content and event calendars.
- Coordinate between CATF and select external consultancies.
- Track and manage communications deliverables across teams for organization wide initiatives and events.
- Provide general administrative support to the CATF Communications team, including planning and scheduling meetings, setting agendas, taking notes, and tracking action items.
- Manage filing systems for shared team documents.
- Support the development and promote use of organization-wide internal reference documents, including style guides, templates, and brand guidelines.
- Occasional travel as needed.
Writing & media relations support:
- Provide support across CATF media relations, tracking media coverage and maintaining and building press lists.
- Provide writing and copyediting support for press releases, reports, blogs, newsletters, and other content as needed, maintaining and enforcing CATF style guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in journalism, liberal arts, or environmental studies
- A proven track record of supervising project execution across multiple teams/stakeholders and managing multiple competing deadlines and priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- 1-3 years experience providing administrative and writing support
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Passion for CATF's mission
This is a full-time position. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and an annual salary range of $60,000 to $68,000, depending on experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. We will review applications on a rolling basis. Please be prepared to provide references upon request.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*