132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Associate, Transaction Services
Controller’s Office, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Associate, Transaction Services, reports to the Director of Transaction Services, Under the direction of the Director of Transaction Services, the Transaction Services Associate will support the transaction teams (Accounts Payable and Payroll) through research, analysis, and reporting, and will provide valuable insights to enhance operational efficiency.
- Conducts in-depth research and analysis of payroll inquiries from employees and unions.
- Cultivates relationships with major vendors to identify and implement more efficient payment processing methods for the accounts payable team.
- Conducts comprehensive research on inquiries related to accounts payable, including those from employees, vendors, and various university departments.
- Runs and reviews Payroll/AP reports to identify trends, anomalies, and discrepancies.
- Assists in reconciliations between Payroll/Accounts Payable records, general ledger accounts, and bank statements; identifies and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Assists in identifying opportunities for process improvement and automation within payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Assists in special projects such as 403b audit, unclaimed funds, ACH conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance, Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 2+ years of related job experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Experience in payroll / accounts payable/ accounting in higher education setting
- Experience with Banner, TM1 Business Intelligence Analytics
Minimum Starting Salary: $55,000
Maximum Starting Salary: $56,500
Note: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/5212
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*