132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Digital Communication Program Coordinator
About International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) : IFES advances democracy for a better future. We collaborate with civil society, public institutions, and the private sector to build resilient democracies that deliver for all. Our technical assistance and applied research develop trusted electoral bodies capable of conducting credible elections; effective and accountable governing institutions; civic and political processes in which all people can safely and equally participate; and innovative ways in which technology and data can positively serve elections and democracy. Since 1987, IFES has worked in more than 145 countries, from developing to mature democracies. In accordance with IFES’ approach: A society is able to reach its full potential in a world in which people of all genders are fully engaged as equal partners in their families, workplaces, and communities. Based on international human rights standards and best practices, IFES promotes political participation, justice, and equal rights around the world. IFES reflects these values in its programming and workplace culture.
The greatest assets of IFES are our team members. IFES offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Every member of the IFES team is responsible for carrying out the mission of IFES and integrating IFES values into their work every day: Commitment to Excellence, Effective Communication, High Quality Decision-Making, Accountability, Teamwork and Collaboration.
The Digital Communication Program Coordinator will provide programmatic and operational support to the IFES Burkina Faso office. They will be responsible for supporting the program’s digital communication activities and social media monitoring. The Digital Communication Program Coordinator will report directly to the Country Director.
IFES COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Government Contractors, International Foundation for Electoral Systems has adopted a policy to comply with the requirements that all employees assigned to a federal contract or contract-like instrument be fully vaccinated before their start date
- Supporting IFES institutional partner’s digital communication strategy targeting appropriate stakeholders.
- Support the implementation of IFES institutional partner’s digital communication projects.
- Support the management and updating of the IFES institutional partner’s social media accounts in close collaboration with the editorial teams.
- Create a database and archive IFES institutional partner’s publicly available digital content.
- Establish monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews of digital activities to track activity, audience engagement and message impact.
- Lead the deployment of a brand identity that carries the strategy and modernizes IFES institutional partner’s public image.
- Coordinate with IFES HQ staff and technical partners on countering disinformation initiatives in Burkina Faso and the Sahel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, information and technology, political science, or another relevant field required.
- At least two years of experience working with international NGOs, managing, or supporting programmatic items and office administration.
- Prior experience organizing events and logistics.
- Knowledge and understanding of US Government grant and cooperative agreement regulations and procedures is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of digital media platforms such as websites, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc., and social media monitoring tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Work, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French.
- Ability to effectively communication in written and spoken English.
- Ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and propose solutions.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment; and
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Fluency in written and spoken French. Proficiency in written and spoken English language is required.
As the need arises to support the project. Up to 10%.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities