132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Non-Profit Financial Education Specialist
Do you have experience in teaching or coaching adults? Do you understand the world of personal finance? Are you passionate about helping others in your community achieve their financial goals? Put these together and come to work for one of the top 100 Non-profits to work for in Oregon. Apply for the HomeSource Education Specialist position at NeighborImpact!
Opportunity for customizable schedule and hours, as well as hybrid remote work.
Location: Central Oregon
Compensation: $23.85/Hourly (plus .50 for Bilingual Spanish)
Hours: Monday-Thursday, some evenings, Part-time or full-time,
20-36 hours/week (benefited at 30+ hours/week)
Benefits at 30+ hrs/week: 100% premium paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Agency paid Retirement plan (up to 6%), almost 2 weeks of vacation time accrued in your first year, plus 14 paid Holidays annually, and a separate sick leave accrual
Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The HomeSource Education Specialist is responsible for teaching a suite of financial education courses according to asset and housing industry requirements. Workshops include financial stability classes, rental education, first time homeownership, home retention courses. This position requires a dynamic person who can relate to a variety of personalities, as well as public speaking and presentation skills - both virtual and in-person. This position requires the ability to juggle a variety of tasks at once. Responsibilities include curriculum development and enhancement, class scheduling coordination, and teaching classes as well as creating digital resources for education and marketing purposes. This position has opportunities of advancements once HUD certification has been obtained and educator has ability to teach a variety of classes.
· AA required, BA/ BS preferred
o Or, in lieu of education, 3 years of direct experience in group education, or relevant work experience in personal finances or housing industry.
· Two years of work experience required
o Work experience in any financial or housing industry experience preferred
· Experience with virtual and in-person presentation required
· Previous experience in adult education, coaching or counseling preferred
· Demonstrated substantial knowledge of first-time home buyer needs, services and products, with experience in asset building, housing, lending, or a related field preferred
· Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Office, online platforms) required
· Marketing/outreach experience preferred
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred
· Ability to pass acceptable credit check post-offer, pre-employment required
· Required prior to date of hire and throughout employment:
o Valid driver’s license
o Proof of current auto insurance
o Reliable transportation
o Satisfactory criminal background check including SAM.gov
· If hybrid work is approved, the following additional requirements apply throughout employment:
o A confidential and professional workspace
o Reliable, private & secure internet access
o Auditory and visual privacy in the home-based workspace
o Dedicated & secure space to utilize and store agency provided equipment
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $23.85 per hour
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities