132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
HealthySteps Development Specialist - 2 positions in 2 locations
Full Job Description
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The Developmental Specialists at BCH are responsible for implementing the HealthySteps model supporting patients ages birth to 3yrs and their families with healthy development. This person will be an integral part of the care team, acting as a link between the clinical team and the family to ensure patient needs are met. They will facilitate communication about symptoms, diagnoses and treatment planning, and will enhance engagement between parents and clinicians so that children are more likely to receive needed health services.
- Join the physician/pediatric nurse practitioner team on well-child visits at the hospital with parents and their babies and young children
- Provide guidance to families with babies and young children regarding developmental and behavioral concerns such as sleep, discipline, picky eating, etc. and provide referrals and track follow-up, as appropriate, to help families make connections to key resources within the community
- Conduct in-person and telehealth visits with families to help them connect with services and also provide education and support
- Collaborate with HealthySteps team to implement all core components of the program including universal child development and SDOH screening, making positive parenting and early learning guidance information readily available, and adjusting workflows for optimal efficiency
- Provide guidance about early childhood development, infant mental health, and trauma-informed practice
- Maintain extensive databases required to meet HS fidelity metrics including both internal and external referrals
- Collaborate with HealthySteps team to complete annual site data reporting to the National Office
- Document all patient clinical activity and care coordination in electronic medical record
- Maintain open communication with medical staff and members of the care team
- Work closely with the providers around care coordination, goal setting, counseling, coaching and education about key aspects of a child’s development
- Participate when appropriate in community-wide early childhood meetings
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology; social work; counseling; early childhood education; (or related field) is preferred. A min of 1 year experience in a child care, social service, or community resource development organization/environment is preferred.
- Exhibits “grace under pressure” with the ability to multitask and triage/juggle multiple appointments and manage conflicting priorities
- Uses time effectively, and prioritizes and coordinates tasks appropriately
- Comfortable with an open-door policy, potentially frequent interruptions, and warm hand-offs
- Flexibility in communication: able to switch between being on the floor playing with young patients to communicating with medical professionals regarding mental health interventions in a professional, coherent, and efficient manner
- Analytical skills and judgment to take appropriate action in varied circumstances and situations
- Ability to contribute to a supportive team environment with a diverse set of team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to excellence, and a willingness to engage in creating a new role on a healthcare team
- Interest in public health or healthcare systems a plus!
- We have 2 positions: 1 in Boston and 1 Jamaica Plain. Mon-Fri hours, with an option to do weekends and nights if possible.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits including flexible schedules, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, child care and student loan subsidies, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition and certain License and Certification Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes. Experience the benefits of passion and teamwork.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Flu, (unless you are eligible for a medical or religious exemption).
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Standard Hours per Week
Regular, Temporary, Per Diem
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities