132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Executive Assistant 2
Use your passion for customer service and knowledge of office management responsibilities to effectively support the Bellwether team!
The Executive Assistant 2 will be a member of the Core team and provide executive-level support to senior Bellwether staff, as well as provide on-site support in our shared Washington, D.C. office space. The Core team includes business systems, operations, and HR, and its purpose is to support the client-facing teams to drive impact for students.
Bellwether offers a flexible work environment, and this position reflects a hybrid work model. This hybrid position requires two to three days at our physical, shared coworking office space in Washington, D.C. Up to approximately 10% national travel may be required.
We are a national nonprofit that exists to transform education to ensure systemically marginalized young people achieve outcomes that lead to fulfilling lives and flourishing communities. We work hand in hand with education leaders and organizations to accelerate their impact, inform and influence policy and program design, and share what we learn along the way.
Our Core team ensures that Bellwether is a sustainable, inclusive organization where staff are supported to do their best and most impactful work.
Our External Relations team develops and implements strategy for Bellwether's fundraising and communications and leads the organization's external relations work.
Our Policy and Evaluation practice conducts analyses that inform leaders, organizations, and the broader field on ways to improve their work for America's underserved students. We produce quantitative and qualitative analyses of contemporary education issues, conduct traditional and innovative evaluations, and generate new ideas and solutions for the sector. We offer recommendations to improve outcomes for underserved youth across the pre-K, K-12, and postsecondary landscape that are informed by rigorous analytical methods; our extensive understanding of the local, state, and federal policy landscape; and our experience working with a wide range of educational and early childhood systems, leaders, and practitioners.
Our Strategic Advising practice is deeply experienced in supporting educational organizations — districts, states, charters, nonprofits, and foundations — to develop ambitious but achievable plans to increase their impact on underserved students. We advise leaders and organizations on their most pressing strategic and operational issues. Our work includes supporting entrepreneurs through business plan development, partnering with established organizations on growth and performance improvement, and assessing new opportunities for impact as the field evolves. We develop highly actionable plans that leadership teams own and run with.
About the Position
Bellwether's Executive Assistant 2 will provide executive-level support to senior Bellwether staff — some of whom work in different cities and time zones. This position reports to a Senior Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant 2 will join a team of other Executive Assistants and Senior Executive Assistants. The core duties of the Executive Assistant 2 role consist of calendar management, project scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting. In addition to these core tasks, the Executive Assistant 2 will perform office management duties and provide on-site support for team members at our coworking space in Washington, D.C.
The Executive Assistant 2's primary responsibilities and duties will include:
- Scheduling complex meetings or calls involving multiple people — both internal staff and client staff — for up to three senior Bellwether staff.
- Preparing, reconciling, and submitting expense reports for those senior staff members.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for those senior staff members.
- Adding client contact information and other data requests to Salesforce.
- Providing on-site support for meetings taking place at our coworking space.
- Management of office reservation requests for our coworking space.
- Act as the liaison between Bellwether and our contacts at our coworking space.
- While present in the office space, providing general support to Bellwether team members, including distributing mail and packages.
- Providing other ad hoc assistance to the team members you support, other Core team members, and the Director of Operations as needed.
- Assisting with the planning of business-line meetings and full team meetings.
- Supporting the Administrative Manager or the Director of HR Operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bellwether is a good fit for professionals who possess strong personal drive and motivation; demonstrate exemplary professional behavior and values; and are resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, and self-confident.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of administrative experience supporting multiple professionals in a nonprofit, entrepreneurial environment.
Excited? We are too. You should apply if you have:
- A passion for and commitment to transforming education to ensure systemically marginalized young people achieve outcomes that lead to fulfilling lives and flourishing communities in the United States.
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Professional administrative experience supporting multiple people while remaining organized and maintaining attention to detail.
- One to two years of work experience in an office management role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask while working on competing priorities.
- A highly self-motivated work style and willingness to proactively take on projects.
- A track record as an outcome-driven self-starter.
- Flexibility and the ability to deal well with ambiguity and the fast-paced nature of a rapidly expanding organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Comprehensive computer skills, including calendaring, word processing, and using spreadsheet and database software.
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills with the capacity to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong ethics and personal integrity.
- A professional attitude and client-service orientation.
- Willingness to travel to and work from our office space in Washington, D.C., two to three days per week.
The base salary range for this role for incoming team members is $64,000-$69,500 annually. While the final offer amount will be determined by multiple factors — including previous experience and content knowledge — and may vary from the listed range, Bellwether is committed to transparency, and all offers are aligned with our compensation philosophy.
Bellwether provides an attractive benefits package that includes a performance bonus based on individual and organizational success, health care coverage, and a 401(k) plan with an employer-matching contribution policy.
Use your application (a custom letter of interest and a current résumé) to show us you have the skills we listed or why the skills you have are the ones we actually need. We'll review applications as we receive them until the position is filled. Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
Bellwether is committed to building a team that reflects the varied backgrounds and experiences of the students we seek to serve. It is important to us that you use your application materials to clearly surface the ways in which your background and experiences align with Bellwether's core values, including our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Bellwether is committed to providing equal opportunities. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are not discriminated against on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities