132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Evaluation & Impact Specialist
Serving Humanity to Honor God
The mission of Methodist Healthcare Ministries is to serve by improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of those least served in the Southwest Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church.
“Guided by our mission of “Serving Humanity to Honor God,” and the Social Principles of The United Methodist Church, Methodist Healthcare Ministries recognizes, embraces, and affirms all persons are God’s children and therefore entitled to dignity and respect. No person should be subject to hostility or social discrimination based on immigration status, country of origin, age, race or ethnicity, gender expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We affirm the right of all persons to have opportunities for health and well-being, including safety, employment, access to housing, healthcare, and education.”
Evaluation & Impact Specialist
4507 Medical Drive
San Antonio, Texas
- Under the direction of the Impact, Evaluation & Learning Manager, the Evaluation & Impact Specialist is responsible for leading and supporting evaluation projects that provide insights for program improvement and decision-making, enable program teams’ learning, assess progress on organizational goals and determine customers’ needs and priorities.
- Support evaluation projects with design, data collection, analysis, dissemination, facilitation and/or project management.
- Conduct quantitative data collection & analysis, including developing survey instruments, overseeing survey administration, and conducting analysis.
- Conduct qualitative data collection and analysis, including developing focus group and interview guides, conducting interviews and facilitating focus groups with diverse groups, including Spanish speakers (if possible).
- Conduct other related activities, as needed, including literature reviews and analysis of secondary data.
- Provide expert support in data visualization, generating charts, infographics and other tools that effectively communicate data and engage audiences.
- Communicate evaluation findings in multiple ways, including drafting reports, providing presentations to program teams, community stakeholders and organizational leadership.
- Support internal evaluation capacity building by facilitating learning and action reflection sessions with program teams and organizational improvement efforts.
- Provide evaluation and data consultation and thought partnership to internal teams and departments, as requested by Impact, Evaluation & Learning Manager.
- Apply an equity lens to all evaluation, demonstrating attentiveness to context, engaging in participatory practices, and using evaluation to drive change and address inequity
- Support Impact, Evaluation & Learning team in ongoing quality and process improvements of team’s activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in social/behavioral sciences, public health, statistics or related field and a minimum of two years of experience in research, evaluation, statistics or analytical work required. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in nonprofits, public health, community-focused work or community-based research preferred. Expereince working with underserved populations and/or with specifically addressing disparities that impact health and wellbeing of indivivuals, families and communitities is preferred. Experience or expertise in project management a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Superior verbal, and written communication skills. Must be adept at synthesizing multiple sources of data to draw insights. Must be able to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Must be able to write clear, accurate and professional reports and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers as well as the general public.
Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization (diverse audiences). Must be fluent in English; bilingual (English/Spanish) is strongly preferred.
Must be able to compute descriptive statistical measurements, such as measures of center and spread, and understand basic statistical concepts and analytic methods. Must be able to draw conclusions from complex datasets, tables and graphs and to simplify complex data graphically. Must be familiar with concepts of inferential statistics; experience with inferential analysis strongly preferred.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions written and oral. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of research and evaluation documents and interpret complicated data appropriately to communicate with varied stakeholders. Must be able to systematically analyze and identify themes in qualitative data.
Must have working knowledge of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word applications. Must be adept at using Excel to clean, analyze and visualize data. Expertise in data analysis software (SPSS, SAS, R, qualitative data analysis or ArcGIS software) and/or survey software (SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics), strongly preferred.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects with different timelines and deliverables.
- Capable of navigating and being attentive to diverse stakeholders’ priorities.
- Able to work in a changing environment as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels.
- Passionate about using data for learning and improvement and to contribute to efforts to reduce inequity.
- Must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle; maintain valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 25 pounds.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) and subcontractor(s) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
MHM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MHM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MHM's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MHM makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodation would impose an undue business hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate in the application process.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities