Senior Human Resources Generalist
Full Job Description
Who We Are
Education Northwest is a nonprofit applied research, evaluation, and technical assistance organization based in Portland, Oregon, with clients, partners, and staff dispersed across the nation. We are organized around broad disciplines and capabilities to support continuous improvement of complex educational systems. We customize our services to meet the needs of our clients and learners and we take great pride in working closely with these partners to design the right approach for their context, goals, and strategies.
What You Will Be Doing
As the Senior Generalist, Human Resources, you will be responsible for driving human resource activities and fostering an engaged workforce. You will play a critical role in talent acquisition efforts, onboarding, employee relations, leave management, policy development, and implementation. Additionally, you will champion the organization's values and leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results. As an expanding organization, we are implementing new systems and processes, so having a solid understanding of HR operations is critical. As a successful candidate, you should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change, have excellent communication skills, and be adept at building relationships at all levels of the organization. If you're ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role in a growing organization, then we'd love to hear from you.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Actively reinforce and model behavior that centers diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in all aspects of work.
- Lead and coordinate recruitment and orientation of all staff members.
- Oversee the success of the onboarding program and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide support on complex employee and labor relations issues. Guide supervisors through the performance management and planning processes.
- Work with supervisors to create job descriptions and perform salary and job grade assessments.
- Ensure compliance with the CBA (collective bargaining agreement) and participate in contract negotiations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR.
- Manage all leaves of absence and ADA accommodations according to federal and state regulations.
- Develop and maintain Affirmative Action programs; complete all other required federal contractor reporting.
- Provide employee benefits education and/or issue resolution. Work in partnership with Director of Human Resources for renewals and Healthcare Committee coordination.
- Lead the Safety Committee, oversee OSHA compliance, and manage Workers Compensation claims.
- Partner with Director of Human Resources to innovate and implement organizational HR and diversity, equity, inclusion, and access initiatives; policies; and programs in alignment with organization strategic goals and mission.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in professional-level HR including recruitment, employee relations, employment law compliance, and benefits.
- Experience working in at least one of the following areas: professional services, education, nonprofit and/or unionized environment required.
- High level of customer service with a commitment to providing exceptional value.
- Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
Other Important Things You Should Know
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon or in a home office anywhere in the United States
What You Will Get
- 403(b) with a 13% employer contribution once vested
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee with reasonable options for dependent coverage
- 20 days of PTO to start with up to 32 days after three years
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending account and Health Savings Account available
- Free public transit for Portland based employees
Education Northwest is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, and we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQIA2+ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community—even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described above.
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements here.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $83,000.00 - $92,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*