Program Coordinator - Universal Preschool
Full Job Description
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Early Childhood Council of La Plata County is a small non-profit organization in Durango, CO. We are supportive, engaging, inclusive and our vision is that all young children, families and early childhood educators are healthy, valued and thriving. We are a collaborative team of early childhood advocates dedicated to the vision of bringing comprehensive, high-quality services to children and their families. We believe that our future depends on investing in children, for it is in the hands of our children that the communities of tomorrow will be built.
The position offers a positive and supportive work environment with opportunities to advance the local early childhood system and improve the educational outcomes of hundreds of young children across Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata & Montezuma Counties.
Program Coordinator - Local Coordinating Organization/Universal Preschool (UPK)
- BA/BS in Education, Early Care and Education, and/ or related fields.
- Experience as an early childhood leader, educator or providers.
- Knowledge of early care and education systems with experience working in regional programs.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and relational skills.
The function of the Program Coordinator will be to support the Southwest Local Coordinating Organization at the Early Childhood Council of La Plata County in overseeing the implementation of the Universal Preschool Program throughout southwestern Colorado. The successful candidate will work with the Executive Director to integrate Universal Preschool into area providers in partnership with the Colorado Department of Early Childhood (CDEC). This includes management of the regional database (BridgeCare) UPK portal, managing provider outreach, family communication and support, and interagency collaboration with regional stakeholders. The Program Coordinator will bring a knowledge of Colorado’s early care and education system and be able to support families, providers, and community partners in addressing issues relating to implementation planning. This will include: monitoring the matching process for families and providers, managing application and enrollment issues, responding to inquiries, and participating in CDEC meetings and training opportunities.
- Manage Universal Preschool (UPK) Bridgecare portal to meet the regional needs for the successful rollout of the year one implementation plan;
- Provide consultation to preschool providers with managing Universal Preschool questions and concerns;
- Participate as a team member with the collaboration of the Southwest LCO and the regional Early Childhood Councils;
- Review family/ provider matches and maintain knowledge of regional Universal Preschool capacity and needs;
- Provide interagency communication, linkage, and support to increase access for families in the region;
- Support communication for families navigating the Universal Preschool portal and matching process;
- Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
SCHEDULE AND SALARY:
- Monday through Friday
- 30 hours per week
- Flexible schedule
- Occasional work-from-home days
- Monthly regional travel requirements
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Durango, CO 81301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Early childhood education: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*