Associate Director of Programs - Academic Success
Full Job Description
HELP OUR YOUTH HAVE A GREAT FUTURE!
Join our professional team of leaders at Mission Support and help change the lives of Vancouver's youth!
Representation Matters! Candidates identifying as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, or represent diverse communities are highly encouraged to apply. Our youth deserve to see themselves inside our walls.
Exemplifies our Core Values - Put Youth First, Care Deeply and Engage Fully, Empower and Be Empowered to Create Positive Change, Collaborate and Listen, Follow Through on Your Commitments, Act Like Youth Can See You.
Full description of our Core Values can be found at the end of this document.
DEPARTMENT: Mission Support – Programs
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
TYPE: Full-time Salary/Non-Exempt
POSITION: Associate Director of Programs – Academic Success
LOCATION: Mission Support Office - 5109 NE 82nd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98662
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a complete cover letter, resume, and three references from people who can speak to your ability to perform the duties of this job.
MISSION STATEMENT: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Reporting to the Director of Programs and Operations, the Associate Director of Programs - Academic Success will play a critical role in helping Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington (BGCSW) achieve its vision to provide high quality programs. This position will lead all Academic Success initiatives, partnerships, and programming as well as a variety of significant activities including oversight and leadership of Clubs, and supervision and development of staff.
- Develop, implement, and oversee programs, Club-wide initiatives, organizational strategies, policies and practices pertinent to academic success;
- Oversee the program operations of assigned Club Directors providing them with management guidance, coaching, and support;
- Interact and partner with the Board of Directors when applicable.
YOUTH & FAMILIES
- Conduct check-ins with staff to provide coaching and feedback regarding academic success programming, frameworks and initiatives, and specific needs identified at each location.
- Implement the appropriate professional development tools and training to maximize a love of learning and academic skill development in Club environments.
- Build and maintain supportive, positive and effective relationships with youth, families, teammates, and community partners.
- Lead the design and implementation of programs in the Academic Success area and integrate academic success strategies into the Club environment utilizing BGCA and locally developed resources;
- Develop curriculum and systems to maintain consistent, high quality programs and services that support a love of learning and academic skill development through a trauma informed, strength-based approach;
- Oversee evaluation activities including data collection, contracts and grant activities relating to program evaluation and measurement; communicate and prepare data collection summary reports and evaluation updates for the Director of Programs and Operations, Executive Director, Board of Directors, and staff.
- Collaborate with key team members and departments to inform and strengthen programs, practices, and policies to ensure positive, inclusive, trauma informed youth development programming with an emphasis on academic success.
- Establish and strengthen partnerships with educational partners to improve related programming, staff training, and access to services.
- Coordinate with Club leadership, community partners, higher education institutions, and career development organizations to expand opportunities available to Club youth and families.
- Maintain confidentiality and adherence to all privacy expectations and ethical obligations.
- Conduct hiring for the role of Club Directors, and conduct yearly performance evaluations. Support Club Directors in the hiring of Club staff, where necessary;
- Implement the appropriate professional development tools and training to maximize operational effectiveness and to support the achievement of employee goals and performance benchmarks;
- Maintain a supportive, energetic and effective team.
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
- Collaborate with the Finance & Administration Department in the budgeting process and monitor year-to-date variances in operational revenue, Club staffing, and program expenditures.
STRENGTHEN INTERNAL OPERATIONS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Support Club Directors and staff to make consistent and progressive steps toward organization and programmatic consistency and sustainability; effectively communicate work plans and priorities derived from the organization’s goals;
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve organizational goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience with understanding of basic youth development principles and developmental characteristics.
- A minimum of three years of management experience with a demonstrated record of excellence, composure, maturity and insight as a manager and management leader.
- Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Technology proficient.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and ability to be self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Impeccable ethical standards, high degree of self-reflection and commitment to continuous learning, and an ability to cultivate high-trust relationships.
- Ability to work in an environment with passionate staff and conflicting visions.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evening and weekend availability will be required and work hours are flexible to accommodate program implementation.
- Reliable transportation required - Valid driver's license and car insurance by date of hire. Clear and approved motor vehicle report.
A minimum of two years’ work experience at a Boys & Girls Club or similar not-for-profit organization preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The starting salary range for this position is $52,500-$60,000 depending on experience. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision coverage; Simple Plan (IRA) employer matching program; and a paid-time off package.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington prohibits discrimination against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. BGCSW is an equal opportunity employer.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BGCSW CORE VALUES:
PUT YOUTH FIRST.
When it comes time to making decisions we prioritize the impact on youth above all else. We are at our best and most impactful when we do right by those who need us most.
CARE DEEPLY & ENGAGE FULLY.
We approach every interaction with kindness, compassion, and respect – we genuinely care about people and show it. We create welcoming and inclusive environments and are laser-focused on making things better.
EMPOWER & BE EMPOWERED TO CREATE POSITIVE CHANGE.
Members of the Club community are trusted to act, reflect, and grow with the support of others. We believe in personal and organizational development. We are resourceful and make the best out of every situation. We are clear about our needs and respond with flexibility to make things work when necessary.
COLLABORATE & LISTEN.
We do not seek to be right and go our own path but rather collaborate to get to the right answer together with different perspectives heard and valued.
FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR COMMITMENTS.
We earn the trust of kids and families, of each other, and of the community by delivering on our promises. Members of our interconnected Club community do what we say and hold each other to the highest standards.
ACT LIKE YOUTH CAN SEE YOU.
We are authentic, honest, and transparent; we strive to do the right thing every day, every time.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*