Nonprofit Summer Campaign Jobs with Environment Massachusetts
Full Job Description
This summer in our Boston summer political advocacy campaign office, we're working to power Massachusetts with 100% renewable energy. It’s 2023. We have the technology to power our state with clean energy like solar and wind power. Instead, we’re still depending on fossil fuels that hurt our environment by polluting our air and warming the planet. We just can't go on like this. That’s why this summer our environmental nonprofit Environment Massachusetts is building support for the 100% Clean Act, which would transition our state to 100% clean electricity by 2035.
As a canvasser you will:
- Educate and engage citizens on a campaign to make real change on pressing environmental and public interest issues
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Gain the experience and connections needed to launch your career in nonprofit and political advocacy work
- Build membership and raise money for nonprofit groups in your community
- Potential opportunity to take on leadership -- supervising and managing staff in the field
The Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals with good communication skills and a passion for social change to fill citizen outreach and field manager positions across the country this summer. With offices in selected cities across the country this summer, we are hiring full-time staff, with leadership opportunities available, to work on issues like stopping plastic pollution, saving the bees, and moving towards a 100% clean energy future.
Staff earn a base pay between $15 to $18 per hour, which varies by location, plus may earn an additional $1 to $10 per hour or more for exceeding the minimum performance standard. Staff never earn less than minimum wage for the hours that they work. So, depending on location and performance, you could earn an average of between $15.50 and $25 per hour and may earn as much as $28 per hour.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Commuter benefit program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability insurance
- Excellent training program
- Opportunities for advancement
*Eligibility for benefits depends on your position, location, duration of employment, and other factors.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
To apply, call (781) 362-6661 or send your contact information through this link: www.SummerJobsThatMatter.org
We are also hiring for career positions for college graduates. To apply online, visit www.fundjobs.org!
Key Words - canvassing, campaign, political, political science, marketing, creative, urgently hiring, temporary, marketing assistant, community organizer, organizer, field organizer, social services, non profit, nonprofit, non-profit, environment, summer jobs, college students, student work, summer break, management, manager, leadership, communications, advocacy, supervisor, supervising, full time, activist, activism, sustainability
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your personal email address/best email contact?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*