Conservator Support Specialist
Full Job Description
Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified candidates from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
Title: Conservator Support Specialist
Summary: Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services is a nonprofit corporation that provides a complete network of public fiduciary services. Working from our offices in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, our professional and compassionate staff of 35 people work to improve the lives of over 1200 clients in Southwest Michigan. We are seeking a passionate person who enjoys both a challenge as well as making a difference to join our team.
This part-time position, based in Battle Creek, is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Conservator team. A strong candidate will be capable of understanding a variety of fiduciary documents: banking information, investment statements, and real estate deeds, among others. A strong candidate will also be detail-oriented and have experience reconciling financial statements.
This position is an in-house position (24-27 hours), and the ideal candidate will be able to work in office Monday thru Friday during our business hours of 8-4:30pm. Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services is committed to honoring the home lives of our staff members. Limited remote work and daily schedule flexibility is available.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Benefits Specialist to complete benefits and insurance applications on behalf of clients, and completion of Medicaid & Medicare Part D applications.
- Prepare paperwork regarding transfer of client financial accounts, changes to direct deposits (For established clients only)
- Prepare letters to financial institutions and send out, request financial statements, and complete address changes.
- Process address changes and relocation notices on Conservator only clients.
- Assist Conservator in completing tasks for new client intake.
- Maintain client files to include scanning, legal files, and working files. Set up new working files as needed.
- Maintain real estate inventory report and update internal database.
- Assist in gathering documents required to prepare client Inventories and Accountings.
- Review Annual Account and Statement of Fees prior to submission to Probate Court.
- Notice Inventories and Accountings as required by Probate Court. Ensure all documents are properly filed and noticed.
- Communicate with professional agencies, attorneys, CPAs
- Errands such as runs to financial institutions, Probate Court, client shopping, etc.
- Back up receptionist desk
- Associate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Paralegal or 3 years of experience preferred in office administration
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and challenging customers preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of the requirements for real estate and auto ownership preferred
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the incumbent. It shall not be held to exclude other duties of a similar nature, which may be requested by the supervisor but not specifically mentioned.
Compensation: The position has a wage range of $14 -$15 per hour to start based on experience. Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services provides an excellent benefits package including a generous PTO policy, holiday schedule and 401k match.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Battle Creek, MI
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*