Full Job Description
We are professional, agile and our goal is to Founded in 1990 by survivors and their allies, we are a non-profit 501(c)3 network of domestic violence programs. Our membership works tirelessly across the state to help survivors towards safety and freedom. Our work includes visionary leadership, supporting our member programs, and engaging the public to play a role in ending domestic and sexual violence..
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Food provided
Our mission is to mobilize our member programs and allies to end domestic violence through advocacy and action for social change. We provide visionary leadership, support member programs, and engage the public to play a role in ending domestic and sexual violence. Guided by our Theory of Change, we work to undo the root causes of violence, and build racial equity, economic justice, and gender and reproductive liberation to create a world where all people can live and love freely without fear. WSCADV organizes for strength and unity across a widely diverse membership in rural, urban, Tribal, BIPOC, and cultural communities. We take a team approach to share power and responsibility across staff positions.
This position will focus on:
- Executive assistance for Executive Director and management team (3 people total);
- Support for the Board of Directors, as well as meetings, trainings, and events;
- Office management and HR support.
This is a great job for someone who enjoys streamlining day-to-day activities and administrative support for others in a high-productivity environment. Valid driver’s license and/or ability to travel periodically to meetings, plus occasional overnight travel (e.g., annual conference), and proof of COVID vaccination, are required.
Administrative Support to Executive Director and Management Team:
- Maintain complex calendars (typically for E.D.), schedule meetings, track deadlines, and support project planning.
- Effectively prioritize and respond to high volume of emails, requests, and incoming information (typically for E.D.).
- Arrange travel and create itineraries.
- Contribute to updating and tracking membership records.
- Draft director messages to membership and supporters.
- Support Board of Directors, including: rosters, scheduling, agendas, hybrid meeting logistics, travel, and materials.
- Support Annual Meeting process, including: annual open nominations, membership records, notices, ballots, slide decks, and onsite meeting support.
- Keep track and build friendly working relationships with member organizations, funders, donors, peer coalitions, ally organizations, and the like.
- Participate in Admin team and its planning processes.
Meetings and Training:
- Provide back-end production and logistics for some events, e.g., regional meetings, member directors gatherings, and shelter manager trainings.
- Typical tasks include: online registration, email and website publicity, venues, catering, interpreters, supplies, copies, onsite set-up, and evaluations.
- Work as a team member to organize and complete assigned tasks for annual events.
Office Management and HR Support:
- Pick up and handle incoming/outgoing mail on a weekly basis.
- Respond or delegate calls and messages to general phone and email accounts.
- Organize staff meetings and internal calendar of WSCADV events.
- Day-to-day liaison with office workspace staff, attend to office and off-site storage as needed, e.g., inventory, supplies.
- Make entries in check log and deposit checks as needed.
- Staff annual health insurance renewal, liaise with broker.
- Support staff hiring and departures (e.g., timelines, scheduling, interviews, paperwork).
- Maintain internal rosters and records.
Other general WSCADV staff member duties:
- As a team member, perform other general WSCADV staff duties related to the annual conference, 5K, Advocacy Day, and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in domestic violence, multicultural, and anti-oppression activities and trainings and perform all work in a culturally responsive manner consistent with WSCADV’s mission, Theory of Change and Principles of Unity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.32 - $34.62 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Seattle, WA 98104
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*