Equity and Partnerships Director
Full Job Description
Northwest Kidney Centers seeks a full-time Equity & Partnerships Director to join the Marketing team in Burien, WA (hybrid).
The Equity & Partnerships Director will provide leadership to position Northwest Kidney Centers as a key community partner serving diverse and underserved populations. With support of the Executive Team and Board of Trustees, the Director will build on existing efforts to deepen collaborative relationships with strategic community partners and build an infrastructure to support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
The ability to inspire cultural change and demonstrate success working collaboratively across the organization is a must. This position is highly visible and requires experience working with external partners and all levels of the organization, including the Board of Trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies key community partners and establishes and/or deepens relationships to better serve patients, advance diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, and increases grant funding.
- Works collaboratively with the grant writer on funding opportunities that deliver patient programs to underserved populations.
- Acts as a resource and works collaboratively with the grant writer on grant applications.
- Serves in a lead role for the employee Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee.
- Participates in the Patient Advisory Council.
- Actively participates in promoting Equity & Partnerships work, including regular reporting to the Executive Team, Board, donor stewardship briefings, etc.
- Manages an annual budget.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires 5+ years of experience in building community partnerships to serve diverse and historically underserved communities, including 2+ years in the healthcare space. A strong understanding of industry benchmarks, frameworks, leading practices, and innovation in DEI is a must. Requires the ability to work cross-organizationally and affect culture change. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Learn more about us, NKC on YouTube
Benefit offerings for eligible employees (.6-1.0 FTE):
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans through Kaiser Permanente (PPO, HMO & HDHP)
- Delta Dental
- Vision Services Plan
- 401 Retirement match and discretionary match
- Disability benefits such as Short-term & Long-term Plans
- Life & AD&D Plans
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement of up to $4,000 annually
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Transit Subsidy
- Paid Time Off which includes personal time and 8 Holidays. PTO will accrue bi-weekly and will be pro-rated based on the FTE. The accrual rate will be 7.39 hour per bi-weekly pay period for executives.
Founded in 1962 as the world’s first outpatient dialysis provider, Northwest Kidney Centers operates 20 dialysis clinics across the Puget Sound region in addition to hospital-based services and a large home-based dialysis program. We are a not-for-profit, community-based organization and consistently rank among the top dialysis providers in the United States in quality of care, patient outcomes and transplant rates.
At Northwest Kidney Centers, teamwork, integrity, respect, excellence and stewardship guide our approach to how we work. We differentiate ourselves by our patient centered approach and active commitment to advancing kidney research and dialysis innovation. Key to our success is the compassion and expertise of our dedicated team of staff that care for those we serve.
Northwest Kidney Centers is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetics or veteran status.
Please note: Northwest Kidney Centers is obligated to adhere to Proclamation 24- 14.1 requiring healthcare workers in the State of Washington to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work in a healthcare facility. Northwest Kidney Centers fully supports this requirement in order to prevent and reduce the spread of Covid-19 to patients and employees. All new staff will need to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination to NKC Employee Health prior to their first day. Medical or Religious exemptions may be accommodated depending on the role. For exemption information, please contact Human Resources prior to your start date.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*