Program Coordinator Community Engagement
Full Job Description
Program Coordinator, Community Engagement
PREVAIL is pioneering restoration and elevating voices of advocacy, idealism and leadership for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and the aftermath of such victimizations, including youth homelessness and human trafficking/sexual exploitation. For more than five decades, PREVAIL has been providing safety, compassion and respect as we educate, empower and advocate for individuals, families and young people.
Our vision is to create opportunities for hope, healing and growth by breaking intergenerational cycles of violence and abuse. Join our team and be part of building a safer community.
The Program Coordinator for Community Engagement is a non-exempt position and reports to a Program
Manager. The primary role of this position is to provide leadership and program coordination to liaise with specific sectors of the public, educate the community, and ensure PREVAIL programs have relevant and appropriate resources.
- Provide leadership to PREVAIL team to maintain a high level of excellence among programs, including but not limited to, facilitating team conversations, using good business judgement, and role modeling appropriate direct service techniques during difficult situations.
- Represent agency & maintain effective relationships with funding partners including, but not limited to: federal, state and local government or municipalities; foundations; local businesses; community organizations; and community supporters.
- Actively conduct community engagement to build local relationships and maintain partnerships*.
- Develop and maintain a repository of resources to support the development, expansion and/or interaction of programs/services*.
- Provide outreach and education to a variety of stakeholders including*.
- Support day-to-day operations related to the community engagement department; activities may include, but are not limited to: developing and maintaining calendar of events; maintaining inventory of educational and awareness materials; supporting the development, implementation and execution of events (ie, tabling, educational presentations, awareness celebrations).
- Perform administrative tasks, as necessary, to support both program operations and role responsibilities.
*Activities may or may not be sector/sub-population specific; sector/sub-population specifics include: Young people experiencing homelessness, housing, LatinX, Law Enforcement.
- Must support PREVAIL mission and be dedicated to eliminating domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and youth homelessness, in addition to supporting the fundamental values of both feminism and the social work profession, including the worth, dignity, and uniqueness of all persons as well as their rights and opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and awareness of and sensitivity to the cultures represented in San Joaquin County.
- Ability to productively work both autonomously and as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and other relevant software;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, government partners, community and individual supporters, executive leadership, and Board of Directors.
- Fluency in Spanish (read, speak, write) is required for the Program Coordinator focusing on the LatinX community.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in a related field required.
- Demonstrated ability to write strategic communications pieces
- At least two years of related experience is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance is required.
- Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s License, and proof of insurance.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to ascend and descend up to three flights of stairs throughout the course of a normal workday.
PREVAIL is an equal opportunity employer and hires and promotes employees regardless of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves (requesting or approved for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act or the California Family Rights Act), domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law. PREVAIL strives to be culturally competent, responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the cultural differences and similarities and the worth of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each person.
Additionally, PREVAIL is an at-will employer. Employees, as well as the agency itself, are free to terminate employment status at any time, with or without reason. Although PREVAIL may choose to terminate employment for cause, cause is not required.
PREVAIL is a highly established nonprofit organization funded by a variety of federal, state and local government agencies, foundation grants and individual supporters. The continuation of programs, and therefore employment positions, may be contingent upon continued receipt of these or alternative funding sources.
Title: Program Coordinator, Community Engagement
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Program Manager
Wage Range: $20-24/hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stockton, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*