Goodwill - Workforce Programs Manager (Case Manager)/ Laredo
Full Job Description
Laredo - 5901 San Dario Road - Laredo, TX
4 Year Degree
Various Goodwill locations
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Join Our Team
Work for GOOD at Goodwill
- Do you want to make a difference in your community while earning a paycheck?
- Would you like to help your community and environment every day that you come to work?
- Looking for a job that provides meaning as well as personal and professional development?
Goodwill San Antonio is one of the largest and most dynamic social enterprises in San Antonio.We are an entrepreneurial non-profit that provides employees the opportunity to innovate, grow and discover new skills, while generating revenue that funds both employee and community programs.We are a diverse and inclusive organization founded and focused on Fighting Poverty and Creating Opportunity. We specialize in facilitating personal and professional growth for our employees, particularly those who may have experienced barriers to successful employment in the past.We strive to maximize the value of each employee’s work and each donor’s donation to benefit our community and environment. Without Goodwill in our community, millions of pounds of perfectly usable items would be harming the environment in landfills. Instead, Goodwill employees are fueling a robust economy by recirculating used goods.Our Good Careers Academy and Good Careers Centers Help Change Lives through the Power of Work
as well by delivering education and meaningful job placement.Explore careers with Goodwill in retail, production, warehouse, logistics, contact center customer service, career services, technology, document imaging, grounds maintenance, janitorial and facilities maintenance. Goodwill regularly partners with local, state and federal government agencies to provide additional diverse career opportunities.We prefer to promote from within. Your growth and advancement is our priority.Achieve your potential at Goodwill and beyond through our personal and professional skills development programs, supportive health and well-being benefits, competitive base and bonus pay, savings plans, personal financial education, store purchase discounts, paid time off, leadership development, tuition reimbursement and more.Change Lives. Make a Difference.Discover Purpose. Apply today at WorkforGoodSA.org.Position DetailsPOSITION SUMMARYThe Manager – Workforce Programs is responsible for the oversight of one of Goodwill’s core employment career training programs including: Good Careers Center, Good Careers Academy, Reentry Services, NXT Level Opportunity Youth, and Upskill.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Upholds and models Goodwill's mission, core values, and servant leadership philosophy.
- Oversee programs functions including outreach and recruitment, enrollment, client services including: career training, foundational skills training, job placement, case management, etc. Developing and implementing policies, procedures, and processes that drive a culture of service excellence.
- Lead program staff; hire talented staff; ensure staff receive appropriate training to meet operation needs, provide performance feedback, coaching, and leadership.
- Foster relationships by address participant complaints promptly and thoroughly, following through to resolution. Quickly identify any patterns of systemic issues, develop and implement solutions for improvement.
- Set and achieve program metrics/goals for key performance indicators, and identify areas of opportunity to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with leadership on program marketing, networking, and other community involvement activities designed to educate the public about program.
- Manage MOU, grant, and contract compliance to ensure obligations are met with partners, institutions of higher learning, municipalities, and various stake holders.
- Lead and manage internal and external audits related to: program policies, participant files, and grant reporting.
- Assist Director and Community Investment Lead with identifying and applying for various funding opportunities to increase programs’ long term financial sustainability, monitoring program budget.
- Develop and manage relationships with key partners and community stakeholders ensuring alignment with program mission, services, and outcomes.
- Manage and monitor case management/student tracking site to ensure accurate collection of data, reporting accuracy, for agency, grant, and case management.
- Maintain knowledge of workforce development best practices, labor market trends, population-specific resources, and best practices to continuously improve programming.
- Attends and participates in required monthly, quarterly, and annual partner meetings and professional development trainings.
- Serves as liaison for workforce development to Human Resources, Accounting, Marketing, Contract Services, Purchasing, Risk, and Information Technology departments to ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, psychology or related field required.
- 5+ years’ proven experience in non-profit, social services or workforce development with at risk populations, business, sales and marketing, community development and/or staffing services.
- Experience in managing grant funded programs a strong plus.
- Experience managing/leading people and teams
- Strong interpersonal and community engagement skills, with proven record of developing and sustaining productive community and business relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively collaborate with multiple constituencies to achieve mission goals
__Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Location: 5901 San Dario Road - Laredo,TX,78041, Laredo, TX 78041Location: 5901 San Dario Road - Laredo,TX,78041, Laredo, TX 78041
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have proven excellent written and verbal communication skill?
- What is your salary expectation?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- vocational education: 3 years (Required)
- career placement: 3 years (Required)
- employment agency: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft PowerPoint: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Case management: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*