132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Business Operations Coordinator
Just a few of the Benefits enjoyed by PPIL employees…
Company subsidized premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Up to 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Mission focused work
- 401k with employer matching
- 100% company-paid Life Insurance
- 100% company-paid Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development awards and opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Medical Services at PPIL
- Pet Insurance
All staff at Planned Parenthood of Illinois are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Planned Parenthood of Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations will be provided based on religious beliefs and to those with disabilities.
Business Operations Coordinator
Under the direction of the Sr. Business Operations and Systems Manager and in collaboration with other departments, the Business Operations Coordinator will provide direct support to users of NextGen or any future practice management (PM) and electronic medical records (EMR) software. Additionally, the Business Operations Coordinator will function as a mentor and trainer to staff, and create solutions within NextGen or any future PM and EMR, as well as related training curricula. Through these efforts, the Business Operations Coordinator will support and promote system workflows that improve operational efficiency, while maintaining quality care to patients, balancing the agency’s financial and regulatory needs, and serving PPIL’s Mission.
1. Monitor and respond to tickets received on the NextGen Helpdesk; resolve errors or delegate requests to other team members or departments as appropriate
2. Support the optimization of NextGen and/or Epic processes and system workflows
3. Open tickets with NextGen and/or Epic, OCHIN, DocAsap and other vendors to resolve issues and request enhancements
4. Serve as core member of NextGen and/or Epic implementation group; support the testing and rollout of NextGen and/or Epic and Template updates: assist with troubleshooting, testing and training
5. Provide regular trainings to new and current users; develop and maintain training materials
6. Help to resolve issues discovered through regular system maintenance checks
7. Support the launch of business initiatives and projects, e. g. Verbal Intake, NextGen and/or Epic Key-user Trainings, Patient Retention and Outreach, Online Services etc.
8. Develop and assist with customizations to EMR templates and Documents, and other aspects of NextGen and/or Epic
9. Provide Scheduling Admin assistance to health center managers; maintain appointment templates and other scheduling features as needed
10. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self?determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
1. Serve as an advocate and spokesperson for new business operations initiatives & projects
2. Balance the needs of front-end and back-end users, data and compliance reporters, and other administrative staff to improve NextGen and/or Epic functionality
3. Assist with audits to ensure correct use and functionality NextGen and/or Epic and other operations and systems as needed
4. Maintain training materials, price lists and charge tickets using Microsoft Office and other programs
5. Keep up-to-date with health center workflows, skillsets and proficiencies
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear and use the phone. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to key in data, handle, or feel and reach. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Sr. Business Operations and Systems Manager
Status: Full-time, exempt from the overtime provision of wage and salary regulations.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of two years in a medical environment required, preferably in a family planning setting or an OB/GYN office. Minimum two years of experience in working with a clinical practice management and/or electronic medical record system (e.g. NextGen and Epic) preferred. Superior written and verbal communications skills required. Experience conducting end?user training in both classroom and one-on-one settings, including creation of training documents and tools for system implementation and upgrades, is preferred. Experience in medical billing or coding preferred. Broad knowledge of medical and information technology disciplines with ability to communicate between the two disciplines. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner. Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not essential.
Professional and Personal Qualities:
Demonstration of effective interpersonal and organizational skills, including ability to work with diverse groups of employees at all levels. Possess excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of service to all internal and external customers.
Must be able to problem?solve and multi-task effectively, follow through with complex assignments, and work under time constraints. Have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Be independently motivated to meet project management goals and objectives. Possess the ability to achieve certification of NextGen or and/or Epic within 12 months of hire. Be willing to participate as a team member and work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as required. Must be willing to travel throughout the Illinois area to all PPIL sites.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities