132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Responsible for the development, coordination, planning, administration, supervision and delivery of a high-quality youth and adult wellness programs and after school programs. Programs shall be fully integrated into the BVFYMCA’s mission, and strategic and operating plans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Direct and supervise branch activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Ensure high quality member-focused programming through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Develop, implement and manage operating plans to promote branch and/or membership growth. Execute strategies to ensure members and/or program participants connect with one another.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet the demands of the business including working 2nd shift (12:00 pm to 8:00 pm) many days.
- Hire, orient, train, develop, schedule and direct branch staff and volunteers. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensure records of staff certifications are current and complete. Facilitate communication and provide leadership.
- Collaborate with the Licking Heights Child Care Coordinator to provide a quality after school program.
- Review, approve and submit staff timecards to payroll per schedule. Manage time off requests.
- Develop and control branch budget to meet fiscal objectives in collaboration with the Branch Executive Director.
- Develop, implement and coordinate special events related to the YMCA, the community and special events..
- Plan and carry out the marketing and distribution of program information while adhering to the graphic standards related to the YMCA brand with assistance of the Marketing Director.
- Lead all required staff meetings and training sessions.
- Research and purchase new equipment utilizing purchase orders and check requests.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures; including emergency and safety procedures. Complete incident reports as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Recreation, Education, Child Development, or related field; three or more years of program management experience preferred.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
- Certifications in ACE, ACSM, AFAA, YMCA or other nationally recognized certification preferred
- Highly effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organization skills.
- Knowledge of, and previous demonstrated experience with diverse populations.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities