132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Executive Assistant to VP/Officer
Executive Assistant to VP/Officer
Full Job Description
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Executive Assistant to VP/Officer will facilitate events, projects, and other initiatives as assigned by the Office of Faculty Affairs & Diversity and provide executive administrative management support for Executive Vice President, Fredrick Appelbaum, MD and Vice President, Faculty Affairs & Diversity, Chris Li, MD, PhD. The role interacts closely with the Director’s Office executives and staff, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, faculty, and other internal and external partners. This role requires the ability to operate both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team. The responsibilities associated it this role require discretion and sound judgment due to the confidential and high-profile nature of the projects and information involved.
This role reports to the Program Administrator, Faculty Affairs, with a dotted line to the Executive Vice President and Vice President. Primarily on campus, with option of working from home 1 or 2 days a week.
- Provide both routine & non-routine administrative support, handling high volume of competing administrative task requests (via multiple clients) that require professional discernment on appropriate urgency/prioritization to complete. Examples include basic administrative support for Emeritus faculty, research for identifying candidates on faculty committees, and tracking deadlines for faculty awards and prizes.
- Provide extensive calendar support requiring prioritization of multiple calendars with effective communication across various stakeholders throughout the organization. Support extends to faculty-specific events including the annual Faculty Retreat in coordination with the President and Director’s Office.
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage travel, meetings, seminars series, speaking engagements and conferences for the department.
- Support executives’ ProCard reconciliation, membership and licensure renewals, and membership registrations.
- Coordinate the submission of articles and manuscripts for publication for Deputy Director of External Affairs, ensuring all necessary elements are present and creating a bibliography as required.
- Maintain CV and electronic bibliography on behalf of the Executive Vice President.
- Support annual conflict of the interest disclosure process for the Executive Vice President, including facilitation of prior approval requests for any prospective outside activities.
- Initiate and continuously improves administrative procedures for department.
- Prepare and process non-routine correspondence, complex presentations, contracts and other documents for signature, and detailed reports. Include maintenance of the Central Faculty list and communication cross-divisionally to ensure accuracy.
- Review and edit documents and presentations for grammar, style and formatting.
- Ensure the accurate filing and tracking of all documentation, including memos, correspondence, presentations and reports.
- Prepare reports and statistics based on information compiled from various sources on a regular basis. As the Central office for Faculty Affairs, requests for faculty information and analysis of trends are commonly requested by various departments in support of their projects, programs, and strategic plans.
- Document and maintain group processes, procedures and programs.
- Provide support to the team with various projects which will require ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with the highest levels of professionalism, confidentiality, timely turn-around and client service.
- Coordination of other departmental projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 5+ years’ complex administrative support experience required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365 on various platforms; SharePoint and AEM experience desired
- Comfort in learning new technologies as to become proficient in desktop systems/internal software necessary to successfully perform assigned tasks. May be asked to become departmental “expert” and/or “trainer” in specified software platforms.
- Demonstrates understanding of company policies and procedures and their application/impact on company operations and success.
- Experience with procurement, budgeting and/or project management software tools.
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail and quality of work
- Experience in meeting coordination, scheduling, and planning; experience in managing executive calendars experience desired
- Ability to identify and take advantage of new opportunities, best practices, and potential partnerships
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, plan ahead, problem-solve and meet goals in a deadline-driven environment
- Aptitude for working in collaborative team environments with a focus on maturity, proactive communication, relationship building skills and resiliency.
- Curiosity and proactive learning mindset
- A “Self-starter” mindset that takes initiative to continuously improve processes for ongoing effectiveness of the department and organization as a whole.
- Willingness and ability to guide/mentor other administrative staff.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience working in an academic or research setting.
- Experience supporting executive level positions.
- Knowledgeable about grants and contracts.
- Knowledgeable about awards and prizes.
As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination or initiate the accommodations process before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity: We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities