132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Executive Assistant - Nonprofit
Executive Assistant - Nonprofit
Full Job Description
Who We Are: The Institute for Ecological Civilization (EcoCiv) understands a civilization to be a way that humans pattern their lives together; it encompasses values, institutions, beliefs, cultures, and actions. To live ecologically is to recognize that all living things are members of ecosystems, and then to act to "to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic community" (Aldo Leopold). In promoting ecological civilization, EcoCiv works toward the development of human societies that are structured to promote a cooperative relationship between the planet's human inhabitants and the biosphere they inhabit.
Who You Are: The successful candidate is looking for a part-time (15-20 hours/week, on average) position, is highly detail-oriented, has successful experience working with executive-level staff, and is excited to work on the details of a fast-paced growing nonprofit. We seek an Executive Assistant who is self-motivated, unafraid to participate in brainstorming, and willing to think through smaller tasks on their own.
We prefer candidates who are permanent residents of one of the following states: California, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, or Washington. However, we are willing to consider residents of other states who are a good fit to our job needs.
The Executive Assistant will serve both the President of EcoCiv (60%), act as Secretary to the Board of Directors (10%), and support for other EcoCiv functions (30%), such as development, coordination among departments, and general administrative work across the organization.
Executive Assistant Duties:
- General administrative support, including drafting letters/emails based on meetings, recordings, or outlines.
- Assisting with appointment scheduling.
- Serving as the direct contact (email, phone, and Zoom) for many of the President's external commitments, including speaking engagements, publishing engagements, travel, EcoCiv partnerships, and EcoCiv fundraising (donors, foundations, contracts).
- Identifying and communicating ways to assist in accomplishing to-do items whenever possible.
- Assisting in executing parts of projects for which the President is responsible.
- Scheduling interviews or meetings for the President by email and phone.
- Assisting with travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and other transportation, and submitting expense reports on the President's behalf.
- Researching topics, as requested, and generating written materials, graphics, and presentations.
- Working to find contact information for program officers of foundations, contacting them, and setting up meetings for the President.
Board Secretary Duties:
- Serving as the liaison to the Board of Directors in the official capacity of Board Secretary, including drafting and sending communications and documents to board members, taking board meeting minutes, and other duties specified for the Board Secretary.
- Scheduling and coordinating all meetings of the Board of Directors including subcommittees and working groups.
Education and Experience
- College graduate (or exceptional college student).
- Prior executive or administrative assistant experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Flexible hours (sometimes outside normal working hours due to time zones and the global reach of our organization).
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist staff in their development/fundraising work, including talking with external contacts.
- Strong and demonstrated computer/technology skills, specifically with MS Office, Google Suite, and Zoom Meetings.
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills.
- Able to work remotely.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in reference to meetings, document reviews/edits, and donor contacts.
- Ability to work one-on-one and in a team.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Completed Bachelor's Degree.
- Passion for Eco-related work.
This position is only open to those legally able to work in the United States of America.
How to Apply:
Submit your application via the link with 1) a cover letter detailing your qualifications, 2) resume/cv, and 3) list of 3 professional references.
Applications will be reviewed as received, and the job will remain open until filled. Please apply right away to be fully considered.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities