132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
President & Chief Executive Officer
President & Chief Executive Officer
PSKC is a nonprofit, mission-driven, organization and its commitment to the communities it serves ultimately is expressed through its overall institutional management system. This vision, led by the President & CEO, defines PSKC goals and objectives, establishes an organizational structure and climate conducive to goal attainment, directs and monitors utilization of PSKC resources, and evaluates organizational effectiveness in achieving stated goals. The President and CEO has leadership responsibility to the Board of Directors for actively balancing community resources against demands for services without sacrificing quality standards. The leadership of PSKC requires a strong blend of business and clinical sense, and humanitarian concerns.
The President and CEO is responsible to the Board of Directors for the leadership and overall management of the organization and its facilities. Article III, Section 3 of the PSKC corporate Bylaws, commissions this position with the authority to organize, operate and maintain the day-to-day functions of the Puget Sound Kidney Centers. The President and CEO is a non-voting member of the PSKC Board of Directors.
Education and Experience
- Graduate, Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Administration, Public Health, or equivalent is required.
- Medical degree or Juris Doctorate is preferred.
- Nonprofit Health Care Administration /Leadership preferred.
- Four years' related experience as a CEO or COO of a health-related organization.
- Knowledge of health care administration and organizational philosophy, and policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems and accounting.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices including supervision and staff development.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations, and revenue cycle requirements.
See the full job description for more information.
Applications will be accepted up to July 31, 2022.
- Hold staff accountable for clinical, financial, clinical quality, and operational effectiveness. The PSKC Officers, Directors, Department Heads and staff are held accountable by the President and CEO.
- The President and CEO is ultimately responsible for the effective utilization of financial resources, as well as maintaining the financial viability of PSKC and the adequacy of its financial operations.
- The President and CEO is responsible for all investment decisions of the organization, and for all decisions related to debt-financing and/or incurring debt as the need arises for daily operations, or capital purchases.
- The President and CEO assigns, evaluates, and reviews responsibilities and functions and procedures that contribute to the efficient flow of activities related to the patient utilization of PSKC services.
- The President and CEO is responsible to the Board for development, implementation, and enforcement of health care industry standard personnel policies; for the recruitment, utilization, and compensation programs that matches the appropriate amounts and kinds of human resources necessary to (1) satisfy corporate objectives, (2) improve employee productivity and (3) is compliant with regulatory requirements.
- The President and CEO is responsible to the Board for designing, implementing, and evaluating an organized management system that provides materials and equipment when and where needed.
- Supervise all personnel through consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate specific functions and activities of the organization as necessary, including clinical services, materials management, medical records, ancillary services, marketing, maintenance, etc.
- Select, employ, develop, and manage Officers, Directors, Regional Directors, Department Heads, Managers and Supervisors.
- Draft, edit, and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Write community newsletters focusing on patient wellness and community awareness.
- Promote the provision of cost-effective, high-quality dialysis services for patients.
- Lead the medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Review operational problems/policies and recommend solutions and changes to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and execute budgets.
- Recommend funding based on thorough knowledge of policies, costs, and operating procedures.
- Recommend and administer company facility improvements, including construction, renovation, and purchase of equipment.
- Responsible for PSKC's quality improvement process.
- Coordinate periodic strategic planning processes and annual goal development.
- Interpret company and departmental policies, objectives, and operational procedures to Officers, Directors, Regional Directors, Department Heads, and Supervisors.
- Resolve problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Represent PSKC at public and professional meetings and conferences.
- Participate in organizational communication and public relations programs.
- Coordinate committees of the Board and company.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional development to stay current with the trends in health care administration and leadership.
- Plan, direct and coordinate company activities to ensure full patient care based on company policies.
- Maintain strict HIPPAA compliance and confidentiality.
- Analyze, forecast, plan and draft Certificate of Need applications to address community need.
Compensation & Benefits
Pay rate is dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and related experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including paid vacation time, paid sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan including employer-matched contributions. To learn more about our organization, visit our main website at www.pskc.net.
PSKC is a Drug Free Workplace. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug test and criminal background check.
PSKC complies with all state and federal regulations to provide a safe work environment for our employees. Washington State requires workers in a health care setting to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Upon an offer of employment, candidates will be asked to provide proof of their vaccination status, or request for accommodation.
PSKC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all, and a work environment that is free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
When requested, PSKC will provide a reasonable accommodation (exemption) for medical or religious reasons as permitted by the mandate provided that the requested accommodation is reasonable and does not create an undue hardship for PSKC or pose a direct threat to the health and/or safety of others in the workplace and/or to the requesting employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PSKC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. PSKC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability or medical condition as defined by applicable equal opportunity laws. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSKC is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion that empowers people to be who they are. We believe our diverse backgrounds, unique perspectives, and experiences enable us to make a difference individually and collectively. To provide better care for our patients. To show compassion to one another. To foster a community that values and supports all individuals.
To enhance the quality of life of those with kidney disease through outstanding dialysis care, education and community support
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities