132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Full Job Description
The Patrick J. McGovern Foundation (PJMF) is a private foundation dedicated to advancing artificial intelligence and data science solutions to create a thriving, equitable, and sustainable future for all. PJMF works in partnership with public, private and social institutions to drive progress on our most pressing challenges, including digital health, climate change, broad digital access, and data maturity in the social sector .
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.mcgovern.org/. Core to PJMF’s mission is inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA). We apply the IDEA framework to all we do, from growing a diverse team within the Foundation to coalition building with organizations and people around the world, and to democratizing the development and rewards of AI and data.
The Program Manager will be deeply committed to PJMF’s purpose to create a thriving, equitable, and sustainable future for all through the advancement of AI and data solutions. In this role, you will be an integral member of PJMF’s Data and Society team as we continue to support grant partners on their data journey through existing and new programs. The Program Manager will help elevate voices around the positive opportunities that can be unlocked through data science and technology by managing our Accelerator and Booster grant programs. They will support our programs from design and selection to grant implementation and knowledge capture. They will contribute to our efforts in strengthening the nonprofit sector in data and technology use through our digital Learning Network as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams at PJMF to produce events, publications, and products. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Accelerator Program.
How you will make an impact
- Engage with grant partners across our programs and provide support in capturing knowledge and outcomes of each partner activity
- Create and manage new platforms for dialogue, knowledge capture, and dissemination (events, working groups, roundtables)
- Plan and execute a signature event featuring insights captured through D&S programs and partnerships
- Contribute to broader D&S content and event strategies
- Support the management of a portfolio of grants including pipeline development, portfolio progress, documentation, budget information, and reporting
- Support writing of grant materials based on potential grantee concept notes and proposals and liaising with potential grantees
- Work with cross-functional teams inside the foundation to manage and complete projects
- Identify/Prepare the Data & Society team for external high-profile events relevant to field-building
- Work with D&S and cross-functional teams to develop strategy and budgets for D&S learning network and thought leadership events
- Lead execution of events and manage support needed in real-time
- Conduct desk research/literature searches and compile syntheses of information relevant to the work of the Data & Society team Participate in internal/external meetings to coordinate input and write and review briefs of learning events
- Support the creation of knowledge products that emerge from D&S programs and partnerships
- Develop and curate D&S content for Foundation’s website and other communication vehicles, as needed.
What you will need to succeed:
- Knowledge and Expertise – experience applying and/or communicating about data engineering and data science concepts; demonstrated understanding or interest in the use of Data for Good for international development or social impact work
- Strategic Mindset – systems thinker capable of analyzing and distilling observations, ideas, and feedback into team notes, memos, and slide presentations
- Creativity - ability to see an opportunity beyond the status quo and develop a roadmap to get there
- Context Awareness and a Spirit of Inquiry - familiarity with the institutions and networks most relevant to our work; empathy for the challenges – data or otherwise – nonprofits face in delivering impact; desire to learn together with and from, rather than preach to, partners
- Adaptability - entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to transition between independent, project-based, and team-based work with ease from a remote location
- Teamwork - self-management skills and ability to work as part of a nimble and fast-moving team; strong multitasking and parallel development abilities
- 100% Remote - desire to work remotely, but not alone - with mature, socially-minded professionals
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary – We anticipate the starting salary for this role to be $95,000, with flexibility based on the experience you bring
- Health Insurance – Foundation-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents; disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts401(k) Matching – generous matching up to 6% of annual pay, plus an additional 3% discretionary match
- Flexible PTO – progressive approach to PTO reflecting our respect for diversity, commitment to our team members, and ability to adapt to changing employee values
- SmartSpend Plus – employee discounts on a wide variety of products and services, from home goods and the latest gadgets to monthly bills and big-ticket buys
- Parental Leave – Up to 6 months of gender-neutral paid leave for parents and caregivers when they have a new addition to their families
- Learning & Development – company reimbursement policy, allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, internal trainings, and external activities or conferences; savings on student loans (available via insurance provider)
- Philanthropic Matching Gift Program – opportunity for team members to support vulnerable communities, reflecting PJMF’s commitment to social impact
The attributes listed above represent our current thinking for the role. You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described below. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you - even if you’re on the fence - we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself!
We have built an environment that celebrates the differences in backgrounds and experiences. PJMF invests in activities that lead to greater inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in how AI and data are conceptualized, developed, applied, and deployed. We are applying the same framework as our team grows and expands. We are an equal opportunity employer and we especially encourage and invite members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities