132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
- Bachelor of Science in STEM field
- Experience in scientific research environment
- Strong organization skills with ability juggle multiple tasks at once
- Attention to detail
- Unquenchable curiosity and passion for our mission
- Masters of Science in STEM field, particularly biomedical sciences
- Project Management experience
- Leadership experience
- Interest in entrepreneurship
- Strong initiative
- Strong performance in dynamic environment
The Scientific Analyst is an all-rounder role to support our small team achieve our mission of accelerating a cure for neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1). As a Scientific Analyst, you'll serve as a Project Manager for several individual grants and provide support as needed to Scientific Project Managers for Curing NF research initiatives. In this role, you'll also support new program and partnership development through evaluation of new funding opportunities and novel medical and healthcare technologies relevant to curing NF1.
- Conducting research and reporting on medical and healthcare technologies and associated organizations/companies
- Researching current events related to our mission
- Assisting in evaluating new grant, investment, or partnership opportunities
- Project management of research grants
- Support scientific team operations
- Communicate clearly, directly and quickly about any opportunities, successes, and challenges to ensure success of programs and partnerships.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the Gilbert Family Foundation’s mission and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions.
- Other tasks as needed
Who We Are
The Gilbert Family Foundation is a private nonprofit foundation founded by Jennifer and Dan Gilbert to accelerate a cure for neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1) and build economic opportunity and equity in the city of Detroit. The Gilbert Family Foundation supports groundbreaking, cutting-edge research in hopes of eradicating NF1, a genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerves anywhere in the body. Additionally, the Foundation supports the economic stability and mobility of residents in Detroit by investing in wealth-building opportunities and breaking down systemic barriers.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*